Compute, classify, and record numerical data to process bills received from vendors, including performing any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records.
Reports To: Accounts Payable Supervisor
Status: Full-time, Hourly
- Receive, distribute, and process invoices for payment.
- Ensure all invoices have proper approval and supporting documentation.
- Match vendor invoices with delivery slips and purchase orders utilizing company’s ERP computer and database management system, Vista, and/or via email processes.
- Data entry into a job cost system.
- Interact with vendors to reconcile statements and/or invoice discrepancies.
- Process team member expense report reimbursements and assist with credit card charge research and check-run processing activities.
- Minimum 5 years of accounts payable experience preferred.
- Secondary education in accounting a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Database software.
- Team player including the ability to interact with project field personnel and vendors.
- Ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles including interacting with all levels.
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Maintain excellent organizational skills, maintaining focus while multi-tasking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high volume department.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”