SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for the field planning and bridge construction management. The Superintendent ensures that the quality of work and materials are upheld and that the schedule is followed as planned.
Reports to: Superintendent
Status: Full-Time, Salary
- Organize and plan the job with the Project Manager and assist as required
- Complete time sheets for labor and equipment, as well as daily reports complete with quantities worked
- Develop and maintain client, subcontractor and team member relationships
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the overall bridge schedule
- Review, maintain, and monitor crew’s productivity and goals daily
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff
- Enforce Quality Control and Company Safety Policies on all aspects of construction
- Organizing the staff and ensuring that they are performing as required
- Manage all aspects of the building construction on the project site
- 4-year college degree preferred but not required. B.S. in Civil Construction preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of successful and progressive experience in the civil and building industry
- Experienced in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Above average organizational skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”