The crane operator is responsible for safe and technically proficient operation of the equipment assigned.
Reports To: Foreman/Superintendent
Status: Full-time, Hourly
- Complete equipment condition reports, as well as a daily checklist of work to be done on your equipment and provide to the Project Superintendent daily
- Cleaning the machines regularly. This includes sweeping the cabs and removing trash daily, cleaning the interior weekly, and lubricating doors and windows
- Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures. Know where all utilities within the work zone are located. Be responsible for your own safety as well as those working in the area
- Inform your Superintendent or Foreman daily of your equipment fuel status so the fuel truck can be scheduled if needed for the next morning
- Make a note on your equipment report and let your Superintendent know if you need any supplies, i.e.: grease, oil, rags, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Read and understand load chart, plan and assist with critical lifts, be able to set up cranes for heavy lifts and be able to control crane movement in response to hand signals and radio commands
- Valid crane operator license for the State of Connecticut
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with pile driving, steel erection and bridge construction
- Hydraulic and friction crane experience
- OSHA 10
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with construction crews in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”