This position is responsible for managing the dispatch function of paving operations this includes direct and indirect supervision of the dispatch team and drivers. The Dispatch Manager will develop and monitor field efficiencies and innovate new ways to improve operations including GPS monitoring and compliance with company policies. This position will also be responsible for working with paving operations to develop action plans to improve driver performance, profitability and service.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Status: Full Time
- Manage all routing modifications to ensure the business is utilizing equipment and staff
- Monitor and manage Key Performance Indicators and cost factors impacting operational
- Build and maintain a positive work environment where team members and their contributions are recognized and Maintain frequent communication with all team members.
- Promote and monitor team member safety and take proactive steps to create a positive safety Partner internal and external resources as necessary to identify, evaluate and remove safety obstacles. Ensure compliance with safety programs and protocols as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts
- Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to accomplish
- Find and create efficiencies regarding conserving fuel, reducing idle time, by utilizing available GPS technology
- Monitor daily truck activity to ensure driver productivity is commensurate with hours
- Ensure drivers and trucks are being utilized to their maximum potential
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with all Create a driver experience that is best in industry
- Work with Dispatch to increase work to maximize driver
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Logistics, Transportation, Business or related field
- 5 years of experience in the Transportation Industry (Transportation management, dispatching)
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly
- Strong working knowledge of GPS software applications
- Aptitude to gain further competency in statistical and/or transportation analysis
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”