The Estimator is responsible for the accurate takeoff and pricing of the work for heavy/civil/roadway/marine projects with varying delivery methods. The Estimator assists with contacting, comparing, and selecting the appropriate subcontractors and vendors.
Reports To: Estimating Manager
Status: Full Time, Salary
- Perform takeoff and pricing of assigned direct and indirect cost items in full compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Create the pre-bid schedule.
- Ensure that proper subcontractor and vendor coverage is obtained for the bid
- Ensure that the integrity of the bid files and process is maintained at all times.
- Work with the Chief Estimator and the estimating staff through bid submission
- Perform tasks related to bid and proposal preparation and submission
- Assist with design build pursuits, including preliminary investigation work, designer/client/stakeholder interface
- Knowledge of HCSS is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction-related field
- 2-5 years of complex highway, piling, bridge and marine construction experience
- Design Build experience a plus
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with computerized takeoff and/or design programs
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities, management styles and team compositions
- Strong analytical ability
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong technology skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females and Veterans are encouraged to apply.