This Health, Safety & Environment Intern is responsible for providing safety support and oversight to construction operations. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to provide a safe work environment for our Team Members while using independent judgment to resolve safety related issues.
Department: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE)
Reports to: HSE Director/Site Safety Manager
Status: Part-Time, Hourly
· Conduct safety inspections and audits of construction projects involving work adjacent to high volume railroad line and rail stations, bridges, marine and roadway work
· Preparation of weekly activity reports
· Assist project managers, supervisors and Site Safety Managers with work planning and development of job hazard analysis and safe work procedures
· Conduct accident/incident investigations including root cause analysis
· Conduct industrial hygiene assessments accompanied by Site Safety Manager
· Perform HSE orientations including drug/alcohol testing
· Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the Company, or as otherwise directed.
· Ongoing career towards BA/BS Occupational Safety, environmental background
· Field safety experience beneficial, but not required
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Strong computer skills including MS Office
· Self motivated and able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision
· Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
· Dedicated and hard working
· Above average organizational skills
· Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
· Light travel within region
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”