This position is responsible for developing server and network maintenance and growth plans, creating annual and project budgets, managing the IT staff and keeping the CIO up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the company to succeed.
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Status: Full Time
- Manage the Active Directory domain(s) for the Middlesex Corporation.
- Create and maintain Group Policies to provide for centralized management of all operating systems, applications and users’ settings.
- Maintain tight integration between Office 365 and our on-premise environments.
- Manage our Skype for Business environment.
- Document physical and logical layout of corporate infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for server and network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Practice server and network asset management, including maintenance of server and network components inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Provides “ownership” of problem thru final resolution.
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Execute and maintain security plans to ensure security of data, network access and backup systems. Implement backup and disaster recovery procedures, information security and control structures.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance and provide server performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and deadlines and appraising performance. Organize staff for optimal results and prioritize tasks/projects and overall workload.
- Accountable for IT Help Desk and Team Member satisfaction. Leverage resources to optimize user’s experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of computer science along with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work/management experience.
- Experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs
- Ability to lead the infrastructure team.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, MS Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, Virtualization, VMWare, Citrix, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”