Technical crewmember with NGA/DOT OQ Gas Pipeline qualifications and experienced in the use of all types of fusion equipment and pipefitting procedures. This crewmember is an integral part of the Gas Distribution Crew.
Department: Energy Division
Reports to: Foreman/Superintendent
- Must understand and comply with all Company and clients safety policies and procedures, having a safety first attitude in all that we do.
- Clean and or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards related to fusion work zones.
- Assist crew with various hand excavation, ditches or trenches using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes
- Pipe threading by using a threading machine or hand threader.
- Fit, assemble, thread, fuse and install various types, sizes, and schedules of metal, steel and polyethylene pipe and pipefittings as necessary to complete installation.
- Record all materials used in pipefitting and pipeline installation reporting the information to the Foremen.
- Join piping by means of threaded, fusion, coupling or other means as approved by customer. Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
- Inspect and test piping system for leaks.
- Complete equipment reports on fusion related equipment as required.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the procedures to use the tools and equipment safely and properly
- Organize and maintain tool trucks, boxes, and trailers in a neat and orderly fashion
- 2-3 years’ of job related experience in gas distribution piping.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions
- Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
- OSHA 10 certified
- OQ Certification in plastic fusion for Gas pipelines.
- OQ Certifications for pipefitting and covered tasks associated with Natural Gas replacement work.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”