The Roller Operator is responsible for the safe and proper operation of assigned equipment and produce a quality end product meeting specifications.
Reports To: Paving Foreman/Paving Superintendent/Dispatch
Status: Full-time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
- Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures.
- Perform required pre and post inspections including but not limited to; motor oil, fuel, hydraulics, radiator, water tank and spray system, grease accordingly and keep the unit clean.
- Follow the direction of the Foreman and Quality Control Technician, and perform the required rolling pattern to achieve the required density per specification.
- Roll the mix as necessary, pinching joints to achieve a quality finished product.
- Complete a thorough equipment report and advise foreman of any problems that may arise
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Safety and Quality Orientated
- Strong Work Ethic
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player with good Interpersonal Skills
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”