The Utility Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for safe and technically proficient operation of equipment assigned.
• Complete equipment condition reports, as well as a daily checklist of work to be done on your equipment and provide to the Project Superintendent daily
• Cleaning the machines regularly. This includes sweeping the cabs and removing trash daily, cleaning the interior weekly, and lubricating doors and windows bi-weekly
• Understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures. Know where all utilities within the work zone are located. Be responsible for your own safety as well as those working in the area
• Inform your Superintendent or Foreman daily of your equipment fuel status so the fuel truck can be scheduled if needed for the next morning
• Make a note on your equipment report and let your Superintendent know if you need any supplies, i.e.: grease, oil, rags, cleaning supplies, or if the machine needs to be steam cleaned
• Must have 3-5 years of Heavy Civil Construction Operator Experience with utility experience including but not limited to electrical transmission/distribution, LNG and propane
• OSHA 10 Hour training preferred
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
SAFELY Building America's Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified "Top 100 ENR Company" and being recognized as "One of the Best Places to Work.
The Middlesex Corporation is an "Equal Opportunity Employer--Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons"