Under general supervision, the Utilities/Energy Division Welder performs welding projects as needed ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
Reports To: Foreman
Status: Full Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt
- Weld various types and sizes of pipe and structures including but not limited to carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and any other pipe type used on pipelines bulk plant systems or boilers.
- Layout and pipe fit to plans, specifications, and or P & ID drawings.
- Follow safe work practices by understanding and following layouts, blueprints, work orders, and directives by TMC supervisors.
- Understand proper care in handling materials
- Identify and use various types of welding tools, wire, and machines
- Troubleshoot by understanding blueprints, identify issues, and taking corrective actions
- Perform initial QA/QC checks on finished work to ensure conformance with specifications
- Keep a clean and organized truck and shop.
- Maintain stock and re-order levels
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the oil, natural gas, LP, LNG and power generation industry.
- Extensive knowledge in pipe fitting, welding, and metal fabrication.
- In depth knowledge of welding procedures and blue print interpretations to include isometric, mechanical, and P & ID’s.
- Welder’s Certification and or familiarity with ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, B31.9 and API 1104. AWS D1.1
- Plastic Fusion would be considered.
- Valid driver’s license
- OSHA 10 certified
- OQ Certification in Gas & Propane requirements if possible
- Safety Certifications
- DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Prior experience working off lifts or staging
- Prior rigging experience is a plus
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills, dedicated and hardworking
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”