Perform a full range of demanding and time sensitive operations duties including scheduling trucks on a daily basis and coordinating the delivery of concrete products for internal and external customers by performing the following duties.
- Report to work at your assigned time.
- Work long shifts with non-standard break times.
- Schedule all concrete division trucks and drivers.
- Communicate to drivers most effective and direct route to delivery destination.
- Direct and coordinate the ticketing process for all concrete sales including interfacing with customers, producing tickets and ensuring timely cash collection.
- Maintain flexibility in order to service all customer requirements and demands while optimizing delivery efficiency.
- Maintain superior customer service and provides clear, concise communications with internal and external customers.
- Close out all open sale checks on a timely basis.
- Submit daily reports to General Manager.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area to comply with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Follow all OSHA and MSHA Regulations.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Perform other related duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Ability to plan, organize and control all aspects of a dispatch operation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to read and comprehend warning signs and labels
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge of
Microsoft Office; Command Alkon, Trak – It, spreadsheet software; inventory software; order processing systems and database software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and must be able to pass a background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the job.
Regularly; stand, walk, and sit
Regularly; Use hands, reach with hands and arms
Frequently; climb or balance
Occasionally; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Regularly; talk and hear
Occasionally; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the job.
Occasionally; Work near moving mechanical parts
Occasionally; Work in high, precarious places
Occasionally; Fumes or airborne particles
Occasionally; Outdoor weather conditions
Occasionally; Risk of electrical shock and vibration
Occasionally; Toxic or caustic chemicals
Occasionally; Extreme heat (non-weather)
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mass Ready Mix is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”