Signing bonus up to $750.00
This position is responsible for managing the dispatch function of Paving and Construction Operations, this includes delegating direct and indirect supervision of the dispatch team. The Dispatch Manager will develop and monitor field efficiencies and innovate new ways to improve operations including GPS monitoring and reporting in compliance with company policies. This position will also be responsible for working with paving and construction operations to develop action plans to improve performance, profitability and service.
- Review transportation routes and manage all routing modifications to ensure the operation is utilizing equipment and staff
- Manage all daily scheduling of all labor and equipment needs and changes
- Manage asset tracking of all reportable and non-reportable equipment.
- Analyze and report on GPS tracking reports in an effort to create efficiencies regarding conserving fuel, reducing idle time
- Monitor and manage Key Performance Indicators and cost factors impacting operational
- Build and maintain a positive work environment where team members and their contributions are recognized and Maintain frequent communication with all team members.
- Promote and monitor team member safety and take proactive steps to create a positive safety Partner with internal and external resources as necessary to identify, evaluate and remove safety hazards. Ensure compliance with safety policies and protocols as well as federal, state and local regulations.
- Create a work environment that is number one in the industry.
- Embrace, promote and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to accomplish activities including the use of outside rental trucks and equipment
- Manage daily truck activity to ensure driver productivity is commensurate with hours worked.
- Ensure drivers and trucks are being utilized to their maximum potential
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with all drivers. Create a driver experience that is best in industry.
- Perform routine inspections on the trucks and equipment to ensure proper care and cleanliness is being maintained.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with all drivers. Create a driver’s experience that is number one in the industry.
- Ensuring arrivals and deliveries go smoothly
- Recruit and Train Team Members. Dispatch Manager will be involved in the interviewing and onboarding process.
- Develop and Maintain an Efficient Workflow
- Good organizational skills are necessary. This process involves being in constant communication with senior management and others involved in the supply chain process.
- Keep Records of Employee Productivity
- Dispatch Managers must have a system for keeping track of each employee’s productivity. This duty involves disciplining, and sometimes firing, employees who don’t perform up to company standard
- Maintain Relationships with field Supervisors. This requires good communication skills and the ability to write professional emails.
- Prepare and Deliver Regular Reports to Senior Management
- Dispatch Managers have to be comfortable talking with senior management. Part of their responsibility is to provide regular updates on everything that goes on over the course of a given time period. This requires one to keep a detailed log for each day.
- Associate, Vocational or Technical Degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred in Logistics, Transportation, Business or related field
- 5 years of experience in the Transportation Industry (Transportation management, dispatching)
- Demonstrated experience leading, directing, communicating change and developing a team strongly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of GPS software applications
- Aptitude to gain further competency in statistical and/or transportation analysis
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate well under pressure.
Dispatch Manager Skills:
The role of Dispatch Manager requires a combination of hard and soft skills to be successful. This is a fast-paced position that involves a lot of moving parts, so it requires someone who has above average organization and prioritization skills. This role is also a managerial position, so it takes someone who thrives in a leadership position to be successful. They have to be able to evaluate and develop talent, and they also have to be able to motivate their team members to give their best each day. In addition to these qualities, the following are skills one must posses in order to obtain employment as a Dispatch Manager.
- Interviewing prospective team members and onboarding new hires on company policies and procedures
- Using logistical software to coordinate both incoming and outgoing shipments
- Using organization and prioritization skills to delegate tasks to warehouse employees on a daily basis
- Negotiating orders and delivery terms with both suppliers and vendors
Collaborating with senior management and other members of the supply chain on a daily basis
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”