The Dispatcher – Paving is responsible for the Daily Paving Schedule. This includes but not limited to; Equipment, Trucking, Team Members as well as any other requirements as requested by Project Management.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety first, in everything we do.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Organize Safety Meetings with Safety Department and be present for Trucking Safety Meetings/Huddles.
- Create and publish Daily Paving Schedule based on schedule requests.
- Communicate any challenges with Paving Operations.
- Create and manage all GPS geofences for projects.
- Monitor and Manage GPS System in real time.
- Communicate with Paving Crews prior to adjusting trucks.
- Prepare all GPS reports necessary to maintain and manage trucking efficiencies.
- Create and distribute Job Site Directions.
- Coordinate and manage all Equipment Moves.
- Review and Approve Trucker Time Sheets.
- Review and Approve Outside Trucking Hours.
- Assist and Schedule DOT Physicals for Medical Card.
- Equipment Rental Scheduling through Fleet Department
- Tracking MOT Devices on Daily Schedule
- Schedule Day Labor/Flaggers
- Schedule outside Pick Up Brooms/Tack Trucks when needed.
- Schedule TMC & Lease Trucks
- Answer calls and provide dispatch times.
- Process PAF’s, assist with change of address, direct deposit, print pay stubs.
- Monitor Weather.
- Schedule and file Company Road Tests.
- Schedule Prime and Sand.
- Backup for Operations Coordinator.
- Maintain required tracking spread sheets.
- Attend Weekly Paving Schedule Meeting for upcoming trucking requirements.
- Schedule trucks ahead of time based on the Weekly Paving Schedule.
- Review and verify all incoming milled material compared to Plant Received.
- Safety and Quality orientated
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Must Possess the Ability to Adapt to Different Personalities and Management Styles
- Team Player with good Interpersonal and Leadership skills
- Ability to Schedule in an Efficient, Cost Effective Manner
- Experienced with Word and Excel
- Must be able to multitask
- Familiar with Central Florida and surrounding areas
- Above Average Organizational Skills
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”