The Executive/Legal Assistant provides direct administrative and paralegal support to the General Counsel and Legal Department. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to work on a wide range of tasks and initiatives. The Executive/Legal Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and mExecust be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The Executive/Legal Assistant also assists General Counsel supporting the procurement and overall management of the corporate insurance program and contract and subcontract negotiations.
- Review and prioritize incoming communication (mail, email, requests, etc.)
- Contacts company personnel at all levels to gather information and prepare reports as required
- Keep files organized by maintaining the claims management database by: establishing, tracking, and updating files; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information; and confirming case status with in-house counsel, outside counsel and insurance adjusters
- Maintain the legal calendar by recording and monitoring all deadlines, filing requirements, evidence-gathering activities, hearing, court, and/or other action dates; anticipating changes in case status, insurance renewals, or real estate lease requirements; and, by initiating telecommunications; organizing conferences, and meetings
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence, memos, reports, transmittals, presentations, agreements, contracts, leases, and other legal documents, which may require the gathering of data from various internal and/or external source
- Conduct investigations, documentary research and legal research as required
- Assist in review and processing of all legal invoices
- Assist in management of the corporate insurance program and requirements
- Proofreads content for accuracy and established formatting
- Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the corporation, or as otherwise directed
- College degree preferred and Minimum of 5 years of similar professional experience with senior-level management and/or legal support
- Paralegal certificate and/or degree a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Experience with conducting thorough legal research
- Experience creating and maintaining databases
- Dedicated and hard working
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- Attention to detail and follow-through a must
- Ability to understand and handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”