Field Engineer – Environmental
The Field Engineer is responsible for preparing and maintaining project documents and logs, and providing technical support to the project manager, superintendent and foremen.
- Support project Environmental Initiatives such as Soil Management and Tracking, Groundwater Management, Storm-water Pollution Prevention, etc. Provide construction oversight support for a variety of project disciplines such as retaining walls, drainage systems, structures, etc.
- Assist with soil management tracking: Track excavations and soil movement Project-wide by attending coordination meeting with superintendents/ foreman, field observations, etc. Document and maintain tracking information in Excel spreadsheet.
- Perform environmental field inspections or monitoring as needed.
- Assist with creating and maintaining field tools for superintendents and foreman to promote environmental compliance project-wide.
- Maintain compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Accredited two (2) or four (4) year degree or global equivalent in engineering or environmental field of study and no required previous years of work-related experience; a recognized professional certification or registration in the applicable field, if required; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing and email as well as the basic use of spreadsheets
- Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Excel, basic experience in AutoCAD, and ArcGIS experience
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Above average organizational skills
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”