Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Under general supervision, maintains diagnoses and repairs a variety of heavy construction equipment. Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
Earn up to $750.00 in a Signing Bonus.
- Day to day preventative maintenance and repair of all types of heavy equipment including cranes, dirt, pile driving and other heavy construction equipment.
- Complete understanding of all aspects of heavy equipment repairs and rebuild process.
- Responsible for inspection, repairs, and performing an operational pre check before putting equipment into service.
- Repairs of the lattice boom cranes to include mobilization and de-mobilization and all aspects of the hydraulic, mechanical & electrical systems.
- Responsible for inventory control on service truck
- Must have the ability to researching parts in manuals, complete material requisitions, follow-up on parts orders, as well as returning cores and unused parts.
- Must have open line of communication with Fleet Superintendent
- Responsible for completing daily activity plans, identify job hazards, developing and meeting schedules
On-site repairs and maintenance at construction jobsite locations
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience as a Mechanic and/or a combination of technical education and mechanical experience required in Heavy Construction Equipment.
- Rail equipment experience a plus
- Must be able to obtain CDL (Clean driving record). Existing CDL License preferred.
- Ability to operate Equipment for repair purposes
- Strong people skills. Able to communicate effectively with clients and others
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in the construction industry
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to follow all safety requirements
- Knowledge of safe rigging practices preferred
- Must be able to work easily and skillfully with hands; climb and work at heights, work in confined spaces and around water
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles.
- Team player and with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedicated and hard working.
The Middlesex Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.