The Gas Superintendent will be responsible for the daily supervision of Gas personnel including, Construction personnel, Field Operations personnel in a cost – effective manner to ensure the following.
- Ensure the safety, reliability, security and integrity of The Middlesex Corporation’s Gas operations, consistent with Company goals, objectives and policies, in full compliance with existing and future governmental codes and regulations. Sound implementation of policies and procedures that ensure public safety, maximize customer satisfaction and fulfill statutory requirements while meeting or exceeding performance incentives
- Protect the safety of the public, company property, and personnel through monitoring and enforcement of work rules, standards, and procedures and other scheduled work while remaining fully compliant and within budgetary limitations.
- Supervise a culturally diverse workforce through coaching, counseling, and team building to effectively and efficiently accomplish job tasks. Responsible for workplace safety to ensure safe working conditions are maintained through field inspection of work sites and equipment.
- Participate in on-call or after hour supervisory duties. Applicants should have quality labor relation skills to interpret contract language, resolve grievances and discipline cases, initiate and institute corrective action where necessary. Maintain compliance with O.S.H.A., PSC, DOT regulations, and Operator Qualifications.
- Extensive operations related work experience is required. Prior leadership experience with a focus on Gas Construction, Gas Field Operations, Main and Service installation.
- Must have knowledge of State and Local Laws and procedures, interaction with State and Local Public Works personnel is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of distribution system, engineering, construction and maintenance practices. Knowledge of state and municipal gas codes.
- Must exhibit proven supervisory skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment is necessary.
- Must possess an exceptional safety record, strong oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to maximize performance of subordinates.
- Solid planning and organizing skills are required.
- Must possess the following competencies: Focus on Safety, Customer Satisfaction, advancing technology to protect our environment, adaptability, demonstrate and promote teamwork.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”