Earn up to $750.00 in a Signing Bonus.
The Superintendent is responsible for providing on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Communicate with Superintendents on a daily basis to review project requirements for personnel and equipment
- Provide support, direction and guidelines for project operational issues to Project Managers, Superintendents and Foremen
- Coordinate and schedule use of all construction equipment including outside rental equipment
- Assist Superintendents on short-term schedules as required
- Review daily construction schedules and two-week schedules to plan labor and equipment forces
- Supervise the Construction Dispatcher
- Visit all construction sites “as needed” on a routine basis for:
- Production evaluations
- Discuss with Superintendent any projected schedule/equipment and labor problems
- Discuss daily huddle mandates
- Project housekeeping
- Project Safety
- Maintenance and care of equipment
- Means and methods of construction
- Quality of work
- Arrange for outside rental equipment as required
- Attend weekly construction meetings on a routine basis
- Attend weekly tool box meetings on a routine basis
- Interface with salaried and hourly workers to communicate company issues, compliment exemplary work or effort and to address grievances as necessary
- Attend preconstruction meetings
- Annually review hourly construction workers for performance and rate adjustments
- Assist with the implementation of Safety programs
- Attend and promote daily huddles whenever possible
- Review Superintendent and Foreman record keeping for conformance to company policies
- Interview and hire hourly employees as required by current backlog
- Degree in Civil or Construction Management a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing and overseeing all Civil, Structure or Utility Construction Projects.
- Must exhibit proven supervisory skills and ability to work effectively with others in a team environment is necessary.
- Must possess an exceptional safety record, strong oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to maximize performance of subordinates.
- Solid planning and organizing skills are required.
- Must possess the following competencies: Focus on Safety, Customer Satisfaction, advancing technology to protect our environment, adaptability, demonstrate and promote teamwork.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”