Human Resources Generalist
This position provides overall Human Resources support and guidance on company policies and procedures to Leadership and Team Members in our Central Florida region. The position supports the Region Office, Asphalt Plant, Paving Operations, Fleet and Construction job sites by providing consultation and collaboration in all functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to effective Team Member relations, benefits, training, and recruitment. Works with HR leadership and Regional leaders to collaboratively communicate and implement HR policies and procedures, while helping support business strategy. Acts as an advocate for Team Members, communicate benefit programs, work with managers on performance management issues, perform investigations, and escalate issues as needed.
- Serve as a coach to leadership to ensure effective Team Member relations in matters of supervision, discipline, termination, motivation and performance management procedures, practices and policies.
- Work with Benefits Administrator to ensure Team Members understand company benefits programs and resolve claims issues.
- Lead culture and engagement for the region by ensuring effective communications which fosters an open-door culture.
- Act as a Team Member advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment.
- Work with management to drive the performance management process, development plans, and individual performance improvement plans for Team Members in the region.
- Partner with HR colleagues and field leadership team in development and execution of human resources and recruitment initiatives to meet business goals.
- Provides individual coaching/counseling to all Team Members using conflict resolution and mediation techniques, intervention and change management strategies as circumstances dictate.
- Conduct timely and thorough complaint/charge investigations and makes appropriate recommendations. Prepares case findings and recommendations for review by Human Resources and Legal Department.
- Leverage the exit interview and survey process and related turnover data to identify and address retention issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Human Resources Management is required
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in the Human Resources field or related area
- Bilingual Spanish is required
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, good communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills
- Computer skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Above average organizational skills
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”