Senior IT Systems Engineer
As a Senior IT Systems Engineer reporting to the Director of Information Technology. You will be part of a team responsible for the performance, stability, and operations of the internal IT infrastructure. This includes: evaluating new technologies, hands-on technical support, standards and process improvement, and vendor management. This person will support and augment the current team and will play a key hands-on role.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety first, in everything we do
- Perform day to day administration to ensure performance, stability, and capacity for the operational IT infrastructure.
- Assist with defining, procuring and implementing IT infrastructure, support, and services consistent with Middlesex standards & guidelines.
- Identify, coordinate and communicate business resource requirements to support infrastructure projects.
- Lead and support efforts related to data center consolidations and cloud first strategy.
- Work with infrastructure partners to ensure stable and performing networks, servers, storage, telecom, and hosted systems.
- Provide L2/3 support for the end-user computing environment and assist during major initiatives and high-ticket volumes.
- Assists in the planning, design, documentation, implementation, and support of DR solutions.
- Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of client/server software, hotfixes, security patches, and service packs.
- Maintain inventory for hardware and software resources including support agreements, licensing, version controls, etc.
- Creates, maintain technical documentation and drive process improvement with standard operating procedures.
- On-call support during non-standard business hours as needed
- A limited amount of travel may be required.
- Performs additional assignments as required by the needs of the Company, or as otherwise directed
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, etc., including Cloud concepts (e.g., Paas, Saas, Iaas)
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; or equivalent job experience
- Experience: 5+ years of system, network and support experience in IT.
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Citrix, VMware, Active Directory, and O365. required
- Base knowledge of backup/restore and DR technologies, Relational databases, BI reporting, and network protocols and hardware.
- Familiarity with construction industry specific technologies, systems, and concepts a plus
- Must have exceptional communication skills both in written and verbal form
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through a must
- Dedicated and hard working
- Strong customer service orientation
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”