Signing bonus up to $750.00
The Paving/Construction Estimator is responsible for the accurate takeoff, pricing and bid submission for paving and construction projects. This position will work closely with the Chief Estimator – Construction and Chief Estimator – Paving and will prepare and submit complete estimates for paving and roadway construction projects.
- Perform takeoff, pricing and sub/vendor procurement for asphalt paving and roadway construction projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
- Create the pre-bid schedule.
- Ensure that proper subcontractor and vendor coverage is obtained and entered for the bid
- Work with the Chief Estimator – Construction, Chief Estimator – Paving and the estimating staff through bid submission
- Perform tasks related to bid and proposal preparation and submission
- Knowledge of HCSS is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction-related field
- 5 years of asphalt paving and roadway construction estimating experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with computerized takeoff
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities, management styles and team compositions
- Strong analytical ability
- Able to work independently
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong technology skills
The Middlesex Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females and Veterans are encouraged to apply.