The paving operator is to be responsible for the safe and proper operation of assigned equipment including but not limited to daily inspection and light maintenance.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
- Must be on site at scheduled start time and be present for the daily huddle and weekly Tool Box Talks
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all Middlesex safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to identify potential hazards and assist in maintaining a safe work environment
- Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Able to climb ladders maintaining a 3 point contact
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to include day/night shift work with extended hours when necessary
- Able to understand and follow verbal instructions
- Assist with layout of project and marking of roadway structures
- Establish and maintain positive relationship with all Team Members and Supervisor
- Help to maintain a clean and orderly job site
- Be sure assigned equipment is properly maintained and kept clean at all times
- Assist in daily project inspection prior to departing, to ensure work is complete with the highest quality and all cleanup is complete
- Minimum of 3 years of paving operator experience
- OSHA 10
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”