Project Cost Accountant
The Project Cost Accountant is a key member of the project team responsible for developing cost projections, reporting on financial performance, and maintaining an accurate cost structure to drive improved project performance. This role is an interface between Project Management, Cost Management and Accounting and Finance.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety first, in everything we do.
- Work with the project team to develop revenue & cost projections
- Conduct monthly and quarterly cost review meetings with the project team
- Produce and analyze reports on project financial status and key metrics, and present the results to Project Management and Senior Leadership
- Develop and maintain percentage of complete, costs to complete and cashflow billing projections
- Assure compliance with company internal Cost Management policies and procedures
- Review daily timecards, receiving tickets and invoicing, assuring accurate ticket entry and claiming of field quantities
- Verify pay requisitions are accurate
- Review and process change orders for TMC and subcontractors/vendors
- Develop ad hoc reporting and analysis to support the project team with decision making
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Construction Management, Engineering or related field, or 3 years of construction job cost experience
- At least 2 years of experience job costing and producing financial projections
- Knowledge of project management, heavy construction logistics, resource planning, construction sequencing and material management preferred
- Familiar with field construction concepts, practices and procedures
- Experience using earned value management concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge in Viewpoint Accounting ERP software platform or other Job Costing systems
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products for data analysis – Access, Excel and/or Power Bi
Please see HR for information on the physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”