The Project Manager shall oversee total construction effort to ensure projects are safely constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. This includes interfacing with client representatives, subcontractors, and suppliers.
The Project Manager shall oversee total project effort for the Energy division, ensure projects are safely constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. This includes interfacing with client representatives, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety, first in everything we do.
- Review project features with the Estimating Department
- Work with the Project Engineer and Superintendent to develop and maintain a project schedule with the appropriate attributes
- Submit preliminary paperwork such as submittals, introductory letters, subcontractor approvals, lump sum breakdowns of work items, affirmative action documents, etc.
- Develop a submittal log, a project organization chart, and a material storage plan
- Initiate project startup and closeout sheet and submit a copy to the construction department and set up and maintain project files
- Required to sign off on the budget prior to the start of construction
- Responsible for all aspects of cost management for the project
- Submit a quarterly cost revision with an explanation of any cost variance
- Submit change order logs to the regional office monthly
- Coordinate and direct all project activities with the Project Superintendent/General Superintendent to ensure that all milestones are met and job continuity is maintained
- Conduct weekly meetings
- Prepare and review periodic estimates with the owner’s representative/Resident Engineer and submit an approved original estimate or pencil sheet copy to the regional office with the appropriate subcontractor quantity split.
- Attend final punch list inspection and/or closeout meeting and complete final documents
- Maintain contact with the project Owner and Architect/Engineer to obtain reduction of retainage and final payment and close out job site office
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Project Manager in the Energy field, specifically natural gas, Electric distribution and transmission
- Experienced in budget management, schedule, quality control, and knowledge of all phases of construction
- OSHA 10 Certified
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Above average organizational skills
- Strong commitment to success of all
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Demonstrate the upmost professionalism in how you represent yourself
- Show quality in everything you do
- Lead with integrity while producing high quality work
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”