Quality Control Technician
Provide quality control and assurance that all company products Ready Mixed Concrete and all Aggregates used by the company, to meet required job specifications by performing the following duties.
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures including reporting all accidents, incidents and near-misses to ensure adherence to our Number One Core Value – Safety first, in everything we do
- PPE must be worn at all times in accordance with company policy.
- Work long shifts with non-standard break times.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Regular contact with the Quality Control Manager, Operations Manager, General Manager and Plant Operator to ensure customer satisfaction with all Ready Mixed Concrete products.
- Responsible for concrete manufactured in the Mass Ready Mix facilities ensuring concrete meets the designed specification criteria of the submitted concrete mix designs with focus on the Massachusetts Department of Transportation concrete mixes.
- Provide daily plant and field testing of concrete, working closely with field superintendents/engineers, ensuring the concrete specifications are met and the concrete is not rejected.
- Adjust the air and slump of the concrete in the field and communicates to the plants for adjustments in chemical and water parameters.
- Act as a liaison between the customers/engineers in the field and the concrete batch/dispatch and concrete sales.
- Maintain inventory of quality control supplies.
- Perform periodic sampling of aggregates and concrete to ensure compliance with job applicable specifications.
- Conduct testing, including but not limited to, gradations, slumps, air, fabricating compressive samples
- Ensure product compliance with MA and NH Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Work independently in a routine schedule to fulfill all necessary components of the job.
- Work in safe and responsible manner.
- Follow all OSHA and MSHA Regulations.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate with all parties involved within a specific task
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time management and professionalism
- Ability to speak and understand English
- Ability to read and comprehend warning signs and labels
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to work with mathematical, statistics & physics concepts
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to receive directions, communicate process and results in a timely manner
- Must be motivated and willing to learn and receive further training.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Hydraulic, pneumatic and electric testing equipment; shaker.
- Associate degree (A. A. /A. S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and must be able to pass a background check.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 required
- ACI Concrete Laboratory Testing Technician Level 1, optional/preferred
- NETTCP Concrete Technician, optional
- Regularly; stand, walk, and sit
- Regularly; Use hands, reach with hands and arms
- Regularly; climb or balance
- Regularly; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Regularly; talk, hear, and smell
- Regularly; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Mass Ready Mix is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”