Site Safety Manager- Energy
The Site Safety Manager is responsible for the enforcement of the corporate Health, Safety & Environment (“HSE”) program and providing safety oversight and support to construction operations. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to provide a safe work environment for Team Members while using independent judgment to resolve safety related issues.
- Training and Training Documentation
- Orientations as required, including customer Awareness & Expectation Onboarding.
- Formulation of Health and Safety Plans
- Hazard Identification and Risk Analysis
- Safety Audits and Compliance Assessments
- Review of Jobs Briefs and provide critical feedback to crew leaders
- Compliance with the customer Middlesex Incident Investigations and Incident Analysis program, and is TapRoot trained
- Weekly attendance and participation on the customer Safety calls
- Provide a weekly written report to the customer’s project team and contractor project team. Contractor Safety Professional reporting shall include but is not limited to the following information;
- Brief summary of all incidents reported on project with corrective actions.
- Topics of discussion and content of all safety meetings.
- Brief summary of all observations, trends in observations and corrective actions taken to improve deficiencies found during observations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 3+ years of relative work experience o CSP, ASP, CHST, OHST preferred
- CUSP certification and documented 5-7 years of gas utility work experience (CUSP Green or Blue) or 20+ years of gas utility work experience and working towards obtaining CUSP certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office
- Strong working knowledge of Veriforce, ITS, NGA, FERC, ISNetworld and PHMSA
- Strong working knowledge of welder certification process/requirements
- OTC 107 – OSHA 30
- Enclosed/Confined Space
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Strong leadership qualities
- Above average organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”