Skilled Construction Laborer
A Skilled Construction Laborer position includes various manual tasks associated with construction operations.
Earn up to $750.00 in a Signing Bonus.
- Must understand and comply with all Company safety policies and procedures
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Excavate by hand ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes
- Position, join, align, or seal structural components, such as concrete wall sections or pipes
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, etc.
- Complete equipment reports on rack truck, compressors
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the procedures to use the tools and equipment safely and properly
- Organize and maintain tool trailers in a neat and orderly fashion
- Must have 2-5 years of Heavy/Civil Construction experience
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions
- Maintain good health status and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
- Must be able to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal and verbal skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”