Signing bonus up to $750.00
The Structural Superintendent is responsible for providing on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
- Oversee and supervise Carpenter Foremen, Pile Foremen and project operations as it relates to bridge and concrete structures
- Communicate with Carpenter Foremen and Pile Foremen on a daily basis to review Daily Work Plans and project requirements for personnel and equipment
- Provide support, direction and guidelines for project operational issues to Project Engineers, Field Engineers and Foremen
- Assist in the development of lift plans, form systems, support of excavations systems, demolition plans
- Coordinate and schedule construction equipment for structure related work including outside rental equipment with Dispatch
- Schedule subcontractors in accordance to required work schedule, pump trucks and material deliveries, Inspect and verify the receipt or shipment of materials
- Develop 3 Week Schedules to plan and coordinate labor, equipment, material, and Survey needs
- Develop Daily Work Plans to plan and coordinate labor and equipment forces
- Review man-hour reports on a weekly basis
- Coordinate labor and equipment needs with General Superintendent – Structures and Construction Dispatcher
- Review field operations daily basis
- Attend weekly project planning meetings on assigned projects.
- Attend weekly tool box meetings
- Interface with salaried and hourly team members to communicate company issues, compliment exemplary work or effort and to address grievances as necessary.
- Attend internal pre-construction meetings
- Annually review Foremen, and hourly team members for performance
- Attend and promote daily huddles on a routine basis.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience professional experience within the construction and concrete industry
- Proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and the project schedule
- Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated and hard working
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Professionally and technically competent
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”