Welder Fabricator (Shop)
Under general supervision, performs welding projects as needed ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
Earn up to $750.00 in a Signing Bonus.
Under general supervision, performs welding projects as needed ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner. You may be involved in the creation of new structures or objects or may be hired to repair existing ones.
- Weld structural members with consistent quality and safe work practices by understanding and following layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Identify different types and preparation of materials used in structural welding
- Understand proper care in handling materials
- Identify and use various types of welding tools, wire, and machines
- Troubleshoot by understanding blueprints, identify issues, and taking corrective actions
- Perform initial QA/QC checks on finished work to ensure conformance with specifications
- Keep a clean and organized shop
- Maintain stock and re-order level
- Minimum of 3 years of experience structural welding
- Proficient in the use of cutting torch, plasma arc, and cutting machines
- Prior experience working off lifts or staging
- Prior rigging experience is a plus
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with strong interpersonal skills, dedicated and hardworking
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”